Friday, November 28, 2008

Tiffany's New Jingle Dress

My new friend Jean S------z sent me this photo of the Jingle Dress and leggings she made for Tiffany Janis, the 12 year old daughter of Francine Janis and Chester Sitting Bear. Jean told me that there were days that Tiffany sent several e-mails a day. The cones were made (rolled) by Francine's late sister and shipped to Jean by Francine. I'd love to be in the room when Tiffany opens the box to see her dress for the first time. I'm sure that Tiffany will be the hit of her dance class and at pow-wow's she attends.

Congratulations Jean! I think that you've gained a friend for life! Also a "Wopila Tanka" (Big Special Thanks) for making Tiffany feel special! It's not often that children really feel special on the reservation.

No comments: