Monday, February 9, 2009

Dreaming vs Reality

Dreaming about what you wish to be true, is not a reason to believe it will come true! Are dreams something that can come true with perserverance, action and faith?
If you have dreams, what are you doing to make them come true? Are your dreams reasonable and within viable limits? Are you dreaming about the possibility of reality becoming a fact, or is your dream, so unreasonable, the chances of it becoming a reality are wishful thinking!

For years, I was the ultimate dreamer. I lived my dream for 25 years, only to finally come to the realization, my dream was a drawback to the continuation of my life and my life's work. I do not regret my dream, but it's now time to move forward in life and be happy! I have devoted ONE THIRD of my life to a dream that will never happen. Now I must live my life for myself and what I truly believe in. I believe in me. I believe in my ability to raise awareness of the plight of the Oglala Lakota Sioux on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. I believe in my financial foundation, which provides interest free loans to women in third world countries. I believe in my teachings to native american children about their heritage. And most of all, I believe in my strong cultural background to my Native American ancestors. I wonder which of my ancestors I look most like. I am greatful for my ancestors and their struggle to survive in their world, where they were treated as foreign. I do not wish to ask you not to dream, but I say to you now, that dreams that you dream, do not always come true. Most of all, always believe in yourself, for believing in yourself is by far, more important than wishful thinking.

Edward Broken feather

No comments: