Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Meal Of The Day

Would you refuse a hungry child on your doorstep. I was the guest speaker at a gathering of children recently. During the course of the evening, the children were given some boxed juice and a snack. The look and actions by some of the children in attendance, spoke volumes. I could only bring myself to believe that this was the meal of the day, for some of the children. In this day and age how can this happen. What causes a parent to neglect a child in such a way. To be hungry, robs you of your soul. To be hungry is the slow assassination of mankind, but it's especially dispicable when children are involved. Because of that evening, I will always look at a child in my presence and wonder if that child is hungry and what I can do to alleviate their pain.

No comments: