Thursday, October 30, 2008



For the 2008 pow-wow season I've displayed beadwork from one specific woman at Pine Ridge. Her name is Francine Janis. She lives with her husband Chester Sitting Bear and their 3 children. Tiffany, Brenda and Casey. She is always thanking me for selling her work. I recently commissioned her husband, (who's a master beader) to make a Medallion for me, which will become a part of my regalia. I'll post a picture of it once I receive it, to show off Chester's expertise at bead work. I'm told it'll be ready for shipping next week. In todays mail I got a very tiny envelope from "Francine. Inside, written very neatly, was a hand written message thanking me for buying the medallion. Francine also included a beautiful family portrait, which is a very special gesture to me. I'm truly honored to get this picture and I'm greatful for doing what little I can to make their life a little easier. You can be certain that I'll be posting more about Francine, Chester and their Family!


Wishing all of you, great health, financial wealth and prosperity!


Broken Feather

No comments: