Monday, October 20, 2008

The Best Pow-Wow This Season!

Hi folks,

I vended at the Wolf Den Pow-Wow in Pomfret, Ct. this past weekend, and I can say with certainty that it was the best pow-wow of the season. I was able to generate $687.00 for the One Spirit Heater Program. That's 13 heaters! When I emailed Jeri Baker, the Director of One Spirit, how much I raised, she didn't e-mail me back, she called me on the phone! We talked for half an hour about raising funds for the Lakota.

Jeri and I are pretty much against charity, where people give and them pat themselves on the back for doing so. The heaters are charity, but at some point, there won't be a need for heaters, and we can get back to other items of the Lakota becoming self-sufficient. By my vending, I act as a outlet for a couple on Lakota Artists at Pine Ridge. I provide a fair market atmosphere for their goods. I'm very proud to display and sell their beadwork and artwork! It's a pretty good feeling to know I'm a agent for them and that they depend on me to represent them.

One more show to do the weekend before Thanksgiving. It's at Plymouth, MA with 9 other Native Americans. We'll be dressed in Native Regalia and allowed to vend our wares. The tourists like to watch "The Indians" and often spend large sums of money with us. It's almost a tourist attraction itself.
More Later.......

Broken Feather

No comments: